Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Aller Anfang ist schwer

I used to have a big mug with this words written on it. It's in German and it means: The first step is the hardest.

I don't know if anybody is reading this blog anymore (not meaning that it had a lot of readers when it was active) but I decided to bring it back to life.
After more than a year of delay I took the MS 70-642 (Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure) exam. I started really preparing for it in January 2011, although I have been planning it since January 2010. It was harder than I expected because the subject of the exam changed from Windows 2008 and Vista to Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 sometimes during last year, and I didn't knew this until yesterday evening when I googled for some exam experiences. Luckily I took the exam. From here I learned that postponing is bad. Another thing I found today is that the BSCI exam I took was retired and does no longer count towards CCNP. This made me decide to let the CCNA cert expire and pursue the MS way I started (it will help me in my work more than the cisco certs).
Now I'm looking for the next step... 70-640: TS: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
All the best.

4 comments:

  1. Newton,
    I'm sorry to hear that you'll let your CCNA expire. It's a valuable cert to have under your belt, even if you're not going to play with routers soon. I got hired in my first job mainly because I held CCNA, in addition to some soft skills!
    Try to get back to studies, it can only do you good to have Cisco and MS skills.
    my 2c,
    Wassim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see your post. Thank you for taking time to provide us this informative blog.
    SAP ABAP Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the informative article. This is one of the best resources I have found in quite some time. Nicely written and great info. I really cannot thank you enough for sharing.
    Regards,
    aamala

    SEO Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. This information is impressive; I am inspired with your post writing style & how continuously you describe this topic. After reading your post, thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel happy about it and I love learning more about this topic..
    seo company in india
    Digital Marketing Company in india

    ReplyDelete

Blog contents copyright ©2011. All rights reserved.